DISCOVER MARCO POLO
Meet Michelle Walsh.
Model, media personality & MasterChef Australia 2018 Contestant.
The moments that have changed my life (in no particular order!)
1. Travelling Europe when I started modelling. Travelling to different countries and learning about different cultures sparked my love of food and travel.
2. Meeting my husband. Martin and I have been together for 23 years and married for 19 years.
3. Having my children. Our daughters Makenzie and Montana are 12 years old and 15 years old respectively.
4. Working on my first TV show. It was all about adventure sport and called ‘Escape with ET’. I spent four years jumping out of planes, rock climbing, bungee jumping, swimming with sharks and even sitting on the back of a four-meter-long crocodile.
5. Masterchef 2018 was a pivotal moment. It was completely out of the box for me. And now I’m writing my first cook book (Fast n Fancy, it’s coming soon!), and working on a new TV show about Fast n Fancy Food!
How do I define a life well lived.
Have no regrets, live life to ther absolute fullest. Take risks, be brave, be adventurous. Don't live a life full of 'what ifs'. If you tried and it didnt work out, at least you tried it.
My most enlightening self-revelation.
Being on Masterchef last year showed me I’m capable of doing anything. Determination will enable you to do anything you set your mind to. I want to set a great example for my kids that it doesn’t matter where you are in your life, you can always change direction.
My favourite family memory.
Our trip to Italy last was the most inspiring and mind-blowing family trip imaginable. It was such a joy to see my kids’ faces arriving in places they’ve never been to and watch them discover something for the first time.
On my constantly evolving style.
My style is always changing. I tend to be a chameleon based on where I live. When I lived in Melbourne, my style was more structured and formal. Living in Sydney now, I’m more casual and beachy.
My must-have piece from Marco Polo A/W19.
The White modern shirt. It’s a great fashion piece and I’ve never seen anything like it before. It has an element of quirkiness, but is also elegant and classic. I love a shirt and jumper look and it’s taken this look to another place!